The Raspberry Pi is a fantastic little computer, built to encourage lots of people (particularly children) to get involved in programming. Having been involved in computer programming for much of my working life and with a degree in computing, I’ve been playing with the Pi, programming it and building things.
If you want to know more about it, go to the Raspberry Pi Foundation buy your first credit card sized computer and play.
Below here is a list of the Blogs I have posted about the Pi and the things I have been doing with it:
- Using the Raspberry Pi for Fantastic Video Communications with Zoom - Moving slightly off-piste this time, not talking about tomatoes or any other garden related things. Lockdown has meant that we haven’t physically seen our children/grandchildren much this year (in fact hardly at all) so we’ve got used to talking to … Continue reading
- Raspberry Pi as a Naturewatching Camera - Those of you who watch Springwatch on the BBC are probably already ahead of me. I was interested to see that there was a short article in one of the programs on a “£25 Nature Watching Camera” from MyNaturewatch. It … Continue reading
- When is it going to get warm? - I spent most of this morning transplanting my tomatoes from their seed pots up into individual pots. They need it to allow them to grow on faster but, I wondered when it was going to get warm. Those of you … Continue reading
- Waterbutt in the Polytunnel – A final conclusion - As I’ve said more than once (here and other places) I’ve been intrigued by the question of whether putting waterbutts filled with water into the greenhouse/polytunnel can beneficially affect/improve the temperature in the polytunnel. To try and come to a … Continue reading
- Raspberry Pi: Integration with Dropbox - Dropbox is a Cloud Storage area that’s free to use for private individuals for relatively large quantities of data. I like it for my Raspberry Pi network because it allows me to move files to devices that are not on … Continue reading
- Raspberry Pi: Moving Files in a Network - I’m gradually building a network of Raspberry Pis for different things and, I suppose, its the way that an Internet of Things (IoT) would get built. At the moment, what I’ve got is a couple of Raspberry Pi Zeros with … Continue reading
- Creating a Headless Raspberry Pi System from an Apple Mac - I’ve a few Raspberry Pis which I run Headless (without their own screen and keyboard) from my Apple Mac using a combination of Finder, VNC and SSH to run the applications. I recently decided to upgrade one of them (a … Continue reading
- Can a Waterbutt of water affect the temperature in a Polytunnel? - I’ve seen a number of discussions as to whether putting a waterbutt filled with water in the polytunnel would help to avoid frosts and (possibly) encourage earlier growth by raising the average temperature in the polytunnel. Whilst there was a … Continue reading