A quick and easy stir fry that goes well with brown rice or noodles.
As usual things from our garden are in italics.
Ingredients (for 4)
- 450g pork cut into small strips
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 x Onion sliced finely
- garlic (according to taste)
- 1 x large carrot cut into batons
- 1/2 white cabbage shredded
- 2 tbsp sherry or rice wine
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- oil for frying
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the pork & five spice. Cook for a few minutes until golden brown then remove and set aside.
- Put the onion & garlic into the pan and cook for a few minutes until soft;
- Add the carrot, cabbage, sherry (or rice wine) and brown sugar. Season with pepper and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Return the pork and heat through for another minute.
This should take about 10-12 minutes altogether so you’ve had time whilst doing this to cook the rice or noodles in the normal way.