I love tray bakes, they’re simple and (usually) just need you to put it all together and leave it alone. This recipe isn’t quite that simple but takes about 40 minutes from start to finish.
Ingredients (for 2)
- 100g (or more) cherry tomatoes
- 1 large courgette
- 60g (or more) french beans
- 2 peppers ( 1 red, 1 yellow) for the colour
- 2 x 140g skinned salmon fillets
- 25g pitted black olives
- 1-2tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2tsp herbs de provence
- 1tsp oregano
- olive oil spay
- other vegetables if you want (we add things like cauliflower, broccoli, etc. depending on what’s available and will cook consistently)
- Preheat the oven to 220C
- Chop the onion, garlic, peppers, courgettes and add to the roasting tray with the herbs. Season (we don’t use salt) and spray with a little oil.
- Mix it all together and put it into the oven for about 20 minutes until the vegetables seem cooked but not too soft
- Cut the other vegetables into bite sized pieces and boil them until nearly cooked (say 5-10 minutes)
- Take the baking tray out of the oven and add the salmon fillets, cooked vegetables and cherry tomatoes. Spray a little more oil
- Put it all back in the oven for about 10-15 minutes until the salmon is cooked.
There you are, done with minimal amount of effort serve with rice if you want.