This is a fantastic recipe. A rich and creamy soup that’s quick and easy to make, using fresh or frozen ingredients.
Its so quick, it’s not really worthwhile freezing, you can make it from scratch in the same time as it would take to defrost it.
Ingredients (for 2)
- Sweetcorn Kernels from one sweetcorn cob
- 1 medium courgette
- 1/2 Onion
- 400ml vegetable (or chicken) stock
- Oil & 50g butter for frying
- Optional – double cream to serve
- Chop the onion & courgette – they don’t need to be too small as you’re going to whiz it with a stick blender when its cooked;
- Heat up the oil & butter in a saucepan and fry the onion until its soft (not coloured);
- Add the courgette & sweetcorn kernels and fry gently for 3-5 minutes;
- Add the stock and cook until the vegetables are tender;
- Season – we don’t add salt, the butter has enough in our opinion;
- Blend with the stick blender until its rich and creamy. The texture is up to you, if you want texture don’t blitz it for too long.
There you go, 15 minutes from start to end and a rich, creamy, warming soup.