A one inch black cherry tomato on regular leafed indeterminate plants
Black Cherry is a small tomato with the typical deep rich flavours of black tomatoes. An early ripening, indeterminate, regular-leafed, round, tomato, the large cherry (1 inch) dusky purple/black fruits have a complex flavour, sweet but at the same time smokey and juicy.
Easy to grow and pick, but liable to splitting if overwatered. We grow it because it is one of the few cherry tomato with this depth of colour we have been able to find.
The colour adds interest to the spectrum of tomatoes merging well with the other coloured tomatoes in a salad.
- Fruit Type: Cherry
- Fruit Shape:
- Fruit Size:
- Fruit Colour: Black
- Flesh Colour: Dark
- Plant Type: Indeterminate
- Leaf Type: Regular
- Seed Type: Heritage
- Ripe Days: Early (45-65 days)
- Taste: Excellent Deep & Rich
- Our Source: Nicky’s Seeds
- Alternatives: Rosella, Brown Berry, Chocolate Cherry
- Fruit per Truss: 11-20
- Truss Spacing: 12-15 inches