Medium sized pink beefsteak on indeterminate vines.
Grown for the first time in 2018 with seeds from a seed swap, we were interested to see how this grew.
Its hard to find any information on the web about Halina and the source seems to suggest that its a saved F1 Hybrid so I don’t know if its reverted to type or if that’s what they look like normally.
However, its a pinl/red boatshaped beefsteak, very similar to Pink Brandywine and Mortgage Lifter. As such its good for cooking (having lots of flesh) and it tastes good for salads and sandwiches.
The only problem is to compare it accurately to these as 2018 was a good year for tomatoes (hot and sunny) so everything came earlier than might be the case in more “normal” years.
- Fruit Type: Beefsteak
- Fruit Shape: Boatshaped
- Fruit Size: 3-4 inch
- Fruit Colour: Pink
- Flesh Colour: Pink
- Plant Type: Indeterminate
- Seed Type: Open Pollinated
- Leaf Type: Regular
- Time to Ripe: Early/Mid (65-70 days)
- Taste: Rich
- Fruit per Truss: 4-8
- Truss Spacing: 15-18 inches
- Alternatives: Pink Brandywine, Mortgage Lifter, Big Beef, Box Car Willie, Hendersons Wins All,
- Our Source: 2017 Seed Swap