Red, Plum shaped paste/salad tomato on Indeterminate plants.
Grown for the first time in 2018 with seeds from a seed swap, we were interested to see how this grew.
These plum shaped tomatoes were halfway in size between King Humbert and Radana. My guess is that they are a small paste tomato because (although there was some juice in the fruit) their taste was somewhat bland and the plants were not especially productive.
At least they didn’t get Blossom End Rot or split, both of which seem to have been problems through 2018.
Not one I would grow again, simply because there are lots of similar tomatoes and it didn’t leave me desperately wanting to eat them in preference to most of the cherry tomatoes.
- Fruit Type: Paste/Cooking
- Fruit Shape: Plum
- Fruit Size: Medium
- Fruit Colour: Red
- Flesh Colour: Red
- Plant Type: Indeterminate
- Leaf Type: Regular
- Seed Type: Open Pollinated
- Ripe Days: Early/Mid (65-75 Days)
- Taste: Cooker
- Our Source: 2017 Seed Swap
- Alternatives: King Humbert, Kibits Ukranian
- Fruit per Truss: 4-8
- Truss Spacing: 15-18 inches