Large purple/black beefsteak open pollinated tomato on indeterminate plants.
Tim’s Black Ruffles is a large purple/black beefsteak tomato, a cross between Black Krim and Zapotek Pink Pleated. The large indeterminate, regular leafed plants are moderate producers of the 8-10oz fruit which are full of the sweet, well-balanced flavours you would expect of a black tomato.
Excellent for sauce and salad.
We grew this a few times but it didn’t produce very much fruit and the heavy pleated nature of the fruit made it difficult to skin. We preferred Black Brandywine.
- Fruit Type: Beefsteak
- Fruit Shape: Flat/Pleated
- Fruit Size: 8-10 oz
- Fruit Colour: Purple/Black
- Flesh Colour: Purple/Black
- Plant Type: Indeterminate
- Seed Type: Open Pollinated
- Leaf Type: Regular
- Time to Ripe: Mid (75-85 Days)
- Taste: Sweet/Rich
- Fruit per Truss: 4-8
- Truss Spacing: 15-18 Inches inches
- Alternatives: Black Brandywine
- Our Source: Tomatofest
Buy Your Seeds Here
Prices given are for a packet of seeds (and may be wrong) different suppliers have different numbers of seeds in a packet.