Pea sized white open pollinated tomato on compact indeterminate plants.
White Currant produces large numbers of tiny creamy white fruit on a sprawling plant which (whilst we have defined it as a “compact indeterminate”) can grow large under the right circumstances. In general, we grow this in a pot and it grows very similarly to Sweet Pea Currant and produces similar sized fruit so is excellent for snacking (if you can find enough at any one time).
The flavour is quite unusual, and apparently is more akin to a “wild tomato” than the sweet/tart flavours of a traditional red tomato.
Unusual and fun to grow.
- Fruit Type: Cherry
- Fruit Shape: Round
- Fruit Size: Pea Sized
- Fruit Colour: Very pale Yellow/White
- Flesh Colour: White
- Plant Type: Compact Indeterminate/Determinate
- Leaf Type: Regular
- Seed Type: Open Pollinated
- Ripe Days: Mid (70-80 days)
- Taste: Sweet
- Our Source: Nicky’s Seeds
- Alternatives: Tumbling Tom Yellow
- Fruit per Truss: N/A
- Truss Spacing: N/A